Unit Leader Award of Merit
The Unit Leader Award of Merit is presented to unit leaders to encourage units to be strong and viable by attaining certain benchmark characteristics of strong units. The top youth leader for the unit must nominate the unit leader, given he/she has met the seven requirements. The nomination is certified by the unit commissioner.
The nominee must
- Be a currently registered Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, Coach, Advisor, or Skipper who has served in that position at least 18 continuous months.
- Meet the training requirements for the registered position.
- Distribute a printed or electronic annual unit program plan and calendar to each family in the unit.
- Have a leader succession plan in place.
- Effectively use the advancement method so that at least 60 percent of the unit’s youth have advanced at least once during the last 12 months.
- Cultivate a positive relationship with the chartered organization.
- Project a positive image of Scouting in the community.
How Do I Nominate My Unit Leader?
Simply fill out the nomination form with all the appropriate signatures and submit the completed form to your council office.